Ready to take your business to the next level?
Maximise your content potential with our expert writers and tailored, dynamic marketing strategies.Get a Quote Today!
How to Find a Website Content Writer
If you’re a new or established business looking to boost your website visibility and outreach, then enlisting the services of a professional website content writer may be the way forward.
But what do web content writers do, and how are they beneficial for businesses looking to improve their marketing strategy?
In this article, we’ll cover the following:
- What does a web content writer do?
- Why is website content writing so important?
- How to find website content writers
- How to Get the Most out of Your Website Content Writer
- A professional website writer creates engaging and relevant content for online platforms, websites, and blogs.
- Over 97% of marketers think content writing is a crucial marketing strategy
- If you want to publish regular quality content to boost your conversions and sales, then hiring website content writers may be the best option for your business.
What Does a Web Content Writer Do?
A professional website content writer creates engaging and relevant content for online platforms, websites, and blogs. They will have a strong understanding of the content’s target audience and will use this to increase traffic to a website.
Typically, website content writers will be responsible for creating various content types, including articles, product descriptions, landing pages, and social media posts.
Depending on their specialisms, content writers may have knowledge of SEO, content marketing campaigns, and making data-driven decisions using web analytics. All professional writers will know how to produce high-quality content that appeals to the right audience.
Why is Website Content Writing So Important?
If you’re familiar with marketing, you might have heard plenty about web content, but is it that important?
Web content creation is essential to establishing brand credibility and trust, showcasing your industry knowledge, and ultimately building leads and sales.
Without it, you’ll struggle to stand out against your competitors, you won’t appear in organic searches, and people will be less likely to pay attention to your products and services. Over 97% of marketers think content writing is a crucial marketing strategy, so producing regular optimised website writing is clearly the way forward.
Web content writing helps to:
- Build brand awareness. By writing engaging and informative content and publishing it to your online business channels, potential customers can better understand your brand story, products, or services. Quality content builds a lasting impression and keeps your brand in the minds of consumers.
- Rank in search engines. If your business has a content-rich website with optimised web pages, you’ll find it easier to rank in search engines and turn up in organic searches. Using search engine optimization is key when building your online presence and visibility.
- Showcase industry expertise. Stay ahead of your competitors by publishing industry-specific content that shares insights, news, or trends. By showcasing your knowledge, more potential customers will trust your business as a viable source.
- Increase traffic. More written content means more traffic, especially if you adopt a clear content writing strategy. Boost your website traffic with the help of a specialist content writer.
- Build leads & sales. Content creation plays a vital role in converting casual visitors into returning customers. By providing valuable information about your products and industry-specific knowledge, you’ll encourage more visitors to take action – whether that’s filling out a contact form or making an online purchase.
How to Find Website Content Writers
If you want to publish regular quality content to boost your conversions and sales, then hiring website content writers may be the best option for your business.
But how do you find web content writers?
And more specifically, how do you ensure that their content writing services suit your business?
Here are the best ways to find content writers.
- Use a Freelance Website. If you’re only looking to hire the services of one content writing professional, going through a freelance website is the fastest way to find a writer that’s looking for work. You can either hire them as your long-term content manager or on a project-by-project basis. Whatever you decide, ensure you’re happy with their costs and outline the services you require early on.
- Search Job Boards. Similarly, specialist job boards allow content-writing professionals to list their services. Whether you simply want blog writing services or a full content strategy, professionals will list their areas of expertise through their profiles.
- Create a Job Listing. If you’d rather the professional content writer approach you, advertise your freelance position on a job listing website and specify your required content writing services. While you might need to sift through many applications, you’ll have much more choices when it comes to choosing the right content marketing professional for you.
- Go with an Agency. If you’re a more significant business looking to fulfil complicated projects, hiring an agency may be a better option for you. While freelance content writers will have their own specialisms, an agency comprises multiple professionals, including content strategists, SEO specialists, and editors, who will be able to boost your site visitors and search engine visibility to the fullest. They will likely be able to provide you with a detailed content strategy with search engine optimization in mind. Consider Bough Digital for your content writing needs!
How to Get the Most out of Your Website Content Writer
So, you’ve hired a content writer, but what now?
If you’ve enlisted content writing services from a professional writer, it’s essential that you set out clear goals for them to work towards.
Here’s how to get the most out of your collaboration.
- Define your goals: Before you start working with a website content writer, ensure you have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with their content writing services – do you want them to carry out keyword research or create high-quality lead magnets? Being communicative will ensure you receive compelling content in line with your needs.
- Give a detailed brief: Without a solid brief to work with, content writers will struggle to reach your expectations. Provide them with a detailed brief, including information on the target audience, tone, and style.
- Set realistic deadlines: Professional writers are used to working to tight deadlines, but pressurising them can lead to rushed and subpar content creation. Instead, give your writer enough time to research, draft, and edit their work.
- Provide regular feedback: Once you receive the first draft of your content, review it carefully and provide constructive feedback to your writer. Be specific about what you like and what you think needs improvement. This will help the writer to understand your needs better.
Consider Bough Digital
At Bough Digital, we’ve been providing content writing services successfully to a wide range of industry niches, helping to create optimised campaigns that get results for businesses.
Our range of writers will take the time to understand your business needs and goals and incorporate your brand voice into targeted content that informs and engages your audience.
Start a conversation with us today to see how we can deliver content writing services for your business.
Are Freelance Writers Better for Small Businesses?
Hiring a freelance writer over an agency can be better for small businesses as they cost less, have flexible working hours, and can scale their services up or down depending on your real-time needs.
Do Web Writers Produce Meta Descriptions?
How Much Does a Freelance Web Writer Cost in Australia?
The amount a freelance writer costs depend on their experience and expertise. A junior writer charges as little as $70 to $100 an hour, while an experienced writer could charge more than $250 dollars an hour.